Life being under-employed.
I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Under employment- the in between days

Mike is at home today. He'll spend a lot of time in our nursery/office looking up job postings and writing cover letters. We have got to overcome this under-employment thing. He has a line on some positions that will open up soon, so he wants to have his letters written and his resume adjusted so he can get his info in as soon as possible.

Yesterday, Mike was working as labor. He made $75 clearing timber for some rich guy at the top of Emigration Canyon. He'll go back again next week for a few days. Not his ideal job, but it's money.

For now, I'm looking for new locations to teach swimming (who knew I would still be teaching swimming almost 20 yrs. later?). My BIL is working on a new business card for me and I'm talking to all the moms I know trying to drum up new clients.

Honestly, at times I'm a little embarrased to still be working at a job that's usually for the average college kid. I'm almost 40- who wants to see a me with my baby pouch and jiggly arms teaching swimming? But it's money. Until we're able to conquer under-employment and un-employment, this is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment